Subject: Re: [Leica] now Lost in Translation
From: Paul Glantzman <paulg@ptape.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 05:20:30 -0500

I would have liked to have heard more discussion
between the two characters in LIT, specifically
regarding the relationship they were involved in
with each other.

But, I liked the "territory" this movie was traveling
in... And I'm not referring to Japan.  It's the
subject of "relationships WITH bounds" and "brief
encounters".  It's about relationships that END with
a kiss, instead of BEGIN with one.

Many couples (not all) look back, even after 30 years
of marriage(!), to the beginning of their relationship
as the most exciting and romantic part.  I've thought
about the title a bit and feel that there is a wordplay
between "relation" and "translation."

And if one thinks of two people lost in a "translation(ship)"
as opposed to a "relationship", it makes you think.
Bottom line to me is that it could have been done a
little better, but I appreciate the place it was trying
to go.

Just my opinion, because I happen to be thinking about
this movie anyway.

Paul