Subject: [Leica] Locked up R8
From: "langhans" <langhans@compwrx.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 15:57:29 -0800

HELP!!

I took a shot with my R8 and now things are locked up.  I remember hearing
the shutter work, but I cannot wind to the next frame.  The advance lever is
locked in place.  I rewound the film and took it out.  The shutter will not
fire and the advance lever will not move. Batteries show good.  They are
almost new.  Meter, display all work fine.  I put the motor winder on and
still no shutter or advance.  I remember this happening once before, but I
think when I put the winder on it advanced and all was well.  I tried the
self timer, but that didn't work.  As I say, I think the shutter is uncocked
as I remember the shutter firing.  Any ideas of things to try before I pack
it up and send it off?

Aram

Replies: Reply from "animal" <s.jessurun95@chello.nl> ([Leica] E puts site updated)
Reply from Jim Hemenway <Jim@hemenway.com> (Re: [Leica] Locked up R8)