Subject: Re: [Leica] Locked up R8
From: Joseph Yao <joseph@yao.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 10:22:47 +0800

Aram,

In addition to cleaning the motor drive contacts on the bottom, also clean
the contacts between the back cover and camera body is also a good idea.

I would also leave the camera switched on with no batteries for an extended
period of time.

May I know which batch of R8 you have?  Some of the earlier ones are prone
to this.

Good luck.

Joseph