Subject: [Leica] digilux 2 comments
From: Rich <photovilla@aol.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 17:09:33 -0500 (EST)

Hi Greg,

I sold out of my allocation of digilux 2's in one day, so I didn't get a
chance to play with one myself.

At the PMA I did in fact see some prints and they were excellent. Still
it is a funnly little camera. It has a sort of big lens for its size...I
know it's fast...but I think this camera needed (or needs, Eric are you
out there?) a grip. The big glass is heavier than the whole body.

Other than that, the big screen is nice, and the finder solution for
manual focusing one of the best I have seen (and an improvement on the
idea started with the Canon G3-5 of magnifying the center patch) but now
with a real focus ring.

It does have a more analog feel, but the controls to even format the
card took me 5 minutes to figure out. OK, that was without a manual.

Let me sum it up though, it is a nice camera, unique in several ways and
I believe a bit expensive at $1850. <ouch> Still, it did not stop them
from selling out, so maybe I'm off on that point?

  ( I sold a Hermés camera too this weekend...so what sells is not
always what I think will sell...)

bests,
Rich

- --
Our New Address:

The Photo Village, Inc.
1133 Broadway, Suite 824 (between 25th & 26th Streets)
New York, NY 10010
(212) 989-1252
www.photovillage.com