Subject: RE: [Leica] 2200 trouble
From: Tim Atherton <timatherton@theedge.ca>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 15:15:12 -0700

> Has anyone had trouble with replacing a ink cartridges with the
> 2200. I keep
> getting an error message that ink cartridge cannot be recognized.
> I checked
> and it's the correct cartridge. Any hint would be greatly appreciated.
> Greg

I've had this - I spoke to Epson - answer was buy a new cartridge the same
and try it. If it's just the cartridge it will work okay - and send us the
duff one for a replacement. If the new one doesn't work - it's the
printer...

In my case it was the cartridge (I've had it a couple of times - I think
mainly due to cartridges getting frozen in transit on their way north...)

But try shutting everything down, re-inserting the cartridge and then
re-booting before phoning Epson.

I've also tried putting in what I thought was a replacement cartridge only
to find I bought the wrong colour at the store... I 've also thought this
happened when in fact the next door cartridge was nearly empty and ran out
during the priming procedure.  :-)

tim