Subject: Re: [Leica] WAS-Leica M and Cosina Digitals. NOW-DOF
From: Karen Nakamura <mail@gpsy.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 07:48:23 -0600

>When photographing people- what part of the face do you focus on- what part
>is in the center of your DOF?

Closest eye. What really threw me when getting used to RF cameras was
that I was initially using people's glasses to focus one. The wire
frame is *REALLY* easy to focus against with the type of RF square in
M cameras. But I realized that the frame is 1" closer to the camera
than the eye, leading to a softness.

So I shoot for the closest eye.

Karen

- --