Subject: RE: [Leica] Anyone want to help me spend some money on a digital darkroom?
From: Douglas Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 13:02:55 -0800 (GMT-08:00)

> BD Colen wrote:
>
>> ... I would also consider the Microtex (sp) version of the old Polaroid 4000 scanner. It does a great
>> job, and you'll save some money over the Nikon.
>

> Scannerwise, I found the Microtek Artixscan 4000t  ...  it seems to only have a SCSI connection, which my
> computer will be lacking, so it may be out of the running.

Aaron, I believe there are firewire-to-SCSI adapters available.  For a hint of its scan quality check my website.  I'm using the older Polaroid 4000, which has a lower dmax than the current Microtek (what this means is the Microtek will dig out more shadow detail).  I bought the scanner used from a fellow LUGger over a year ago for $400 - including a firewire-to-SCSI adapter.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com