Subject: [Leica] Anyone want to help me spend some money on a digital darkroom?
From: BenMarks@aol.com
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2004 04:16:06 -0500

Aaron:  A word of warning about the Spyder.  Make sure your monitor can be adjusted independant of software-setting tweaks (e.g. buttons on the durn thing that can truely control for brightness, contrast, color temp etc.). I discovered to my dismay that my monitor can only be grossly adjusted (for example, to one of three color temperature settings).  It made using the Spyder a grindingly annoying (and I'm sad to say, approximate) experience.

Otherwise I have been very happy with a set up similar to yours (slower processor though :( ).  Regarding the printer, my only advice is to start with the inks that you want to use and work backwards to the printer which supports them.

good luck and have fun!

Ben Marks
benmarks-at-aol-dot-com