Subject: [Leica] For Sale 3/4/04
From: BenMarks@aol.com
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2004 19:44:06 -0500

This is the 2004 liquidate-for-digital sale.  Sigh.  I have never been happy about selling a camera, but I think it is probably the best way to finance a digital SLR purchase later this year.  I have tried to used KEH’s ratings (and a discount off of their prices) as a basis for the quotes below.  All of this is equipment that I have used, but not much in the last year.  The stuff that remains unsold will head to the-site-which-shall-not-be-named.  All purchases will be with a 10-day money-back guarantee and purchaser will pay actual shipping & insurance costs.  Checks from active LUGgers are fine.  Money orders are also ok.

Leica IIIa s/n 3102xx in brown leather case which shows some wear.  Good condition, but definitely a user.  Rangefinder and shutter accurate. I will throw in a 5cm Summitar s/n 681656 with a Leitz SL filter and a chrome cap.  The glass is in ok shape but shows a little haze on the inside of the rear group.  This lens came to me with the camera and its barrel shows a two hairline cracks in the brass barrel where an overzealous repair person overtightened the set-screw.  The set up fits in a coat pocket and is a nice carry-around package. $250.

Leica III s/n 2441Xxx.  Good condition, but definitely a user.  Rangefinder and shutter accurate – the shutter sounds nice and solid at one second.  This camera is missing the little collar that goes around the shutter release.  Does not affect functioning.  $200.

Leica CL s/n 13156xx with 40mm Summicron-C s/n 25636xx, rubber hood and lenscap. Ex. condition.  Lens shows cleaning marks on rear element,  and shows a little internal haze under a strong flashlight but performs well.  This camera is very clean and mechanically in great shape.  Rubber shade is supple.  There is a small amount of paint wear on the strap-lugs and at the bottom of the plate on which the lensmount sits. Rangefinder is clean and sharp but has a small (2mm) extra yellow mark viable above and outside the framelines.  $675.

Leica CL s/n 13332xx with 40mm Summicron-C s/n 26763xx, no rubber hood, no lenscap. Ex. condition.  Lens shows cleaning marks on rear element, but performs great.  This camera is very clean and mechanically in great shape.  Rangefinder is clean and sharp. There  is some paint wear on the edges and corners of the camera $625.

Leica 35/3.5 Summaron screw-mount.  s/n 8877xx with  chrome set-screw filter holder.  Chrome Leica front cap.  A nice user.  $150.

Leica 35/2 Summicron black (Leitz Canada)  s/n 23167xx with focusing tab, non-matching chrome front cap, rear cap and black vented shade 12504. Lens has good glass, but has been used and has some cleaning marks on the front element.  Paint shows bright marks on barrel edges and the vented shade has a small flat spot/ding, but works fine. This lens performs well, but I really like the current ASPH offering and am not using this enough to justify keeping it. $425.

Contax G2 s/n 04706xx.  Comes with original box, body cap, battery and manual.  The camera has pretty durable finish, but shows some  bright marks on the back.  Mechanically and optically perfect.  This is a hard one to part with because I love the 45/2 lens, but the truth is I just reach for the M’s before I use this one.  Purchase with one of the lenses below and take 10% off the price of the lens. $500.

Contax G1 s/n 1024xx.  Comes with original box, body cap, battery and manual.  This is the version of the G1 which was factory modified to work with the Planar 35/2. Mechanically and optically perfect.  Purchase with one of the lenses below and take 10% off the price of the lens. $300.

Zeiss 45/2 Planar s/n 75608xx in G-mount for use with the Contax G1 or G2 with hood and lens caps.  I say lens caps because a convenient fact about the lenshood on this lens is that a 57mm Schneider large format lens cap will fit snugly (and cheaply) over the hood.  Optically and mechanically perfect. $200.

Zeiss 35/2 Planar s/n 80571xx in G-mount for use with the Contax G1 or G2 with box and caps. Optically and mechanically perfect.  $175.

Zeiss 90/2.8 Sonnar s/n 79117xx in G-mount for use with the Contax G1 or G2 with hood and lens cap which fits over the hood.  A convenient fact about this lenshood is that a 57mm Schneider large format lens cap will fit snugly (and cheaply) over the hood.  Optically and mechanically perfect. $175.

Contax flash TLA200.  Small unit gives TTL Flash with the G1 or G2 $100.

Zone-VI modified analogue Pentax 1 degree spot meter. S/n 1324xx.  This analogue meter has the Zone-VI mods to the sensors and baffles.  I have found it very accurate, but have replaced it with a Minolta VI, which combines several of the functions that I need.  $300.

Pentax LX s/n 52354xx with FA-1 finder.  Well used. I know. I know.  Why would anyone on the LUG want this camera?  Because it is rock-solid as the day I purchased it, even though the paint shows some wear.  Everything works.  But, I just never reach for it anymore.  I like Leica glass more than Pentax glass. $250 or best offer.    I also have a small passel of Pentax screw mount lenses including a nice 35/2 in a case and one Pentax 42 threadmount-to-bayonet adapter if anyone is susceptible to that sort of thing.

Thanks in advance.

Ben Marks
benmarks-at-aol-dot-com

Replies: Reply from joelct <joelct@singnet.com.sg> (Re: [Leica] For Sale 3/4/04)