Subject: Re: [Leica] coloor inkjet photo printing - current choices?
From: Doug Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2004 23:58:38 -0800

on 3/5/04 11:29 PM, Sam Krneta at skrneta@mindspring.com wrote:

> Doug,
>
> Is this a plug and play type system? Is there much trouble installing on the
> Epson? I have an 1160, and they make a system for it but I'm concerned about
> the installation.
>
> Sam

Sam,

The installation can be as easy or as difficult as you want.  I'm starting
with the pre-filled ink cartriges, which simply replace the OEM ink
cartriges.  Cleaning the old inks out is often nessesary when changing ink
types; the cleaning involves replacing an ink cartrige with a cleaning
cartrige and running several cleaning cycles.

If you want a more difficult installation you can set up a continuous inking
system with large ink bottles supplying cartriges via flexible tubes.  This
can save quite a bit of money at the expense of additional setup work and
trouble-shooting.

Media Street supplies many printing profiles and will create custom profiles
for the particular printer/ink/paper combination you want to use.  They also
have instructions for using the profiles and specific printer driver
settings for optimal results.  In practice I've found the profiles to be
pretty good but not perfect.  I had to tweak the colors a bit to get optimal
prints.  I did the tweaks as a Photoshop Curves adjustment layer, saving the
adjustment layer for re-use on other images.

Replies: Reply from "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com> (Re: [Leica] coloor inkjet photo printing - current choices?)