Subject: [Leica] Back and almost recovered
From: Clive Moss <chmphoto@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 13:23:19 -0600

Hi All,
I am back from from a tour of the South-East.
Thanks to all who sent suggestions and offered to meet on the trip. The
suggestions were all very helpful -- I acted on almost all of them. I
did not get to see most list members because of pre-arranged visits with
family and the urge to get back to see the grandchildren.
Our route was Chicago-Asheville-Atlanta-Titusville-Miami South
Beach-Boca Raton-Naples-Longboat Key-Tampa-Gulfport MS-New
Orleans-Chicago. 3,950 miles in all. At every stop (except Titusville
and Longboat Key) we met with friends and/or family of all ages from low
20s to high 80s.

Last Tuesday, the driving was good, so we made it back to Chicago in one
shot from New Orleans. Left there at 7am, arrived here at 11pm.

The next day the C: drive on my primary computer died. The registry was
corrupted, so I could not log on. Fortunately, after 40 years of working
on computers, I know the value of good backups, so no data or pics were
lost.

To recover I purchased a new drive (160GB for $80 at COMPUSA), and
reinstalled XP. Since my backup is an external hard drive, recovery was
easy, if slow. Dell replaced the old drive under warranty. I now have a
380 GB system -- should last out the year! Reinstalling all the software
was a treat over the past few days.

Now I have to go through my pictures and see if anything is worth posting!
- --
Clive
http://clive.moss.net