Subject: [Leica] Self-Portrait with Russkie-Leica
From: Peter Klein <pklein@2alpha.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 20:42:48 -0800

Just ran my first roll of Tri-X through my newly-CLA-ed Zorki-4 with 50/2
Jupiter-8.  I usually cringe at pictures of myself, but this one I like:

http://www2.2alpha.com/~pklein/

I'm in the center panel of a Water Closet Tryptich, otherwise known as a
3-panel bathroom mirror.  1/30th at f/4, developed in Xtol 1:1.

This lens is decidedly not as sharp or contrasty as my 50 Summicron.  But
it has some real possibilities for "retro" looking people pictures.

Another data point in the "Ivan the Incompatible" controversy:  The
Jupiter-8 won't focus to infinity on my M6TTL.  It stops at about where 30
meters should be on the lens barrel.   Oddly, my C/V Nokton 50/1.5 will
focus to just a gnat's eyebrow shy of infinity on the Zorki, as will the
Jupter-8, and the Nokton is just fine on the Leica.  Go figure.

- --Peter

Replies: Reply from Daniel Ridings <daniel.ridings@muspro.uio.no> (Re: [Leica] Self-Portrait with Russkie-Leica)