Subject: RE: [Leica] Steve Gandy's update on the digital bessa
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 10:04:23 -0500

God, but I love conspiracy theorists - what would be do for guffaws
without them? :-) This comment reminds me of my late father's long
running joke that the motor drive was invented by Kodak, and quietly
slipped to the Japanese camera manufacturers as a way to sell more film.

Hello? SD cards take up less space in the camera than the CF cards - and
everyone on this list and everywhere else whines and moans about the
size of pro and serious digital cameras. The only way to make them
smaller is to cram more into less space. Which means that all things
being equal, everyone should move to those tiny cards Olympus is
pushing. BUT - my feeling is that those tiny cards are impractical,
particularly in DSLRs or other pro-oriented cameras where people are
working fast, under less than ideal conditions, and would too easily
drop, destroy, the smallest cards. But SD cards are a reasonable
compromise.

B. D.