Subject: Re: [Leica] Steve Gandy's update on the digital bessa
From: "animal" <s.jessurun95@chello.nl>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 11:36:54 +0100

Thanks for your reply .Hope that i expressed it right but what i ment was
,it would be nice to have a crop of the sharpest bits and look at the actual
pixel,s.
Apart from a lack of grain the small sized files one can see compare
unfavorably with scannes from velvia slides here.
Hope that explained it better.
best regards
simon jessurun
p.s.
you have convinced me in our correspondence that to strive for very fine
resolution in the kind of photos we tend to take is a bit  futile.So for
that kind of stuff you got me firmly hooked on large format
equipment.Hopefully this summer i,ll have time to learn some old fashioned
contact printing processes.
But to trade anything for small digicams is not worth the effort for me.
To review 35mm slides on a light table and have the occasional ones scanned
professionally is still a lot cheaper then to buy a 10 mp camera now.
I understand that for you pros with your much larger number of shots ypou
need to present the time saving of digital is worth the investment for me it
isn,t and also I just like to use fim better andmore and more get comments
like wow you did that with a 50 year old steamengine,well things like that