Subject: [Leica] Screen Settings / PhotoShop
From: "Keith R. Wessel" <keith@wbalaw.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 07:58:26 -0800

I would appreciate some additional feedback on screen settings.  Thanks to
Eric who was so kind last week to provide a link to his presentation of John
Brownlow's grayscale at:

http://canid.com/calibration.html

I actually found going to Brownlow's presentation more helpful in that he
presented the grayscale on a dark background as opposed to white.

I have posted three versions of four different pictures starting at
http://wesselphoto.com/Screen/slides/015_14A.html

Prior to my recent interest in scanning photographs and using the computer
for photography I typically set the brightness on my computer monitor very
low to encourage color saturation and deep blacks.  I am afraid that having
done so led to all of my photographs posted to date being washed out on the
average monitor settings.  The photographs posted with this message each
start with how I would prefer to see them with my monitor set dark.  The
others were adjusted using the Brownlow grayscale.

With the color images I am particularly interested in how the color of the
shirts.

I would appreciate any comments.  Thanks

Replies: Reply from Aaron Sandler <aaron.sandler@duke.edu> ([Leica] Modern Dance for this week)
Reply from "Jack Herron" <jackherron@cox.net> (Re: [Leica] Screen Settings / PhotoShop)
Message from "Joseph Codispoti" <joecodi@clearsightusa.com> (Re: [Leica] TRIPOD: you recommend it- I buy it.)
Message from "eric" <leica_korenman@hotmail.com> (Re: [Leica] TRIPOD: you recommend it- I buy it.)