Subject: [Leica] M7 Digital (real one) in LFI
From: mail at gpsy.com (Karen Nakamura)
Date: Fri Mar 26 16:27:43 2004

>Are you saying that it looks like an M without the advance lever?
>I somehow have a gut feeling that the traditional M shutter is going
>to go bye, bye and be replaced by something smaller.... I always wondered
>how they intended to fit the CCD, electronics and a screen on the back
>of the camera without adding an unsightly hump...

Yes, no wind lever, so my guess is the shutter is either an
electromagnetic vertical travel bladed shutter  or more likely, a
purely electronic shutter (such as in most digital P&S cameras). The
advantage of the latter is live preview, which the R-D1 does not have.

Karen

--
Karen Nakamura

Replies: Reply from kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] M7 Digital (real one!! :-) ) in LFI)