Subject: [Leica] Arca-Swiss quick release plate for IIIg ?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun Mar 28 17:45:16 2004

On 3/28/04 4:55 PM, "Phong" <phong@doan-ltd.com> wrote:

> Anybody ever attach a Leica LTM to an Arca-Swiss
> quick release tripod ?  What plate do you use ?
> Once in a while I'd like to put my IIIg on the
> tripod.
>
> Thanks,
>
> - Phong

I just got Arca Swiss plates this week from Clearsite, (Joseph Codispoti),
and Kirk. Soon Really right stuff. I got an dedicated L bracket for my D100
from Kirk. http://www.kirkphoto.com/lbrackets.html

Going to get a non dedicated L bracket for my Leicas from them or I don?t
know who.
http://www.kirkphoto.com/lbracketso.html
http://www.reallyrightstuff.com/mcl/index.html

I've always had bad luck with quick release systems but this Arca Swiss
stuff is the standard of the industry for good reason.
It's the l brackets which are really turning my head around.
Will have me doing much more 35mm tripod work with much greater ease.
Putting my camera not strangely off to the side of the center of my tripod
but right up the center.
>From Joseph I also got Arca replacement feet for my Hasselblads.
http://clearsight.fane.com/ecommerce/catalog/catalog/index.php?cPath=31&osCs
id=f4a20afccdd6003a64a4899b72fc5e56
And from him an Arca plate for Tom's Rapidwinder.
>From Kirk I got one for my current Leica Motor M.

All an interface between my Leicas and other cameras and mainly my Ries
tripods and heads
http://www.riestripod.com/tripod.htm

Mark Rabiner
Photography