Subject: [Leica] More RD-1 news
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun Mar 28 18:05:03 2004

On 3/28/04 5:39 AM, "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> wrote:

> I won't get into an argue with you about this Adam, but as to your last
> point...Why not? Because the market would be MUCH too limited. Most
> people who own Leica Ms are hobbyists who want to take color snaps of
> their vacations, grandchildren, etc. - and they will NOT buy a bw only
> camera. I would buy one in a nanosecond if I could afford it, and so
> would what I suspect are a small number of people on this list and
> elsewhere. But the market would be a niche of niche.
>
> B. D.

Gee let me defend my treasured effete and elite M6 from this sly onslaught
by saying that as Most people who own Leica Ms are hobbyists who want to
take color snaps of their vacations, grandchildren, etc so are most people
who own top of the line Canon's and Nikons. Without crawling kids and Xmas
morning and sexy goings ons Mr. Eastman and Mr. Fuji would have gone under
long ago.
I'd hate to have our beloved camera system target-marketed in such a way by
one of your main LUG posters.

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon