Subject: [Leica] M7 Digital (real one!! :-) ) in LFI
From: Leicajay at aol.com (Leicajay@aol.com)
Date: Sun Mar 28 20:46:53 2004

<<In a message dated 3/28/04 8:26:40 PM Eastern Standard Time,
mark@rabinergroup.com writes:

> To the mysterious "Leicajay@aol.com":
>
> Are your making prints from the output from those cameras?
> Are you scanner equipped?
> Output is a big issue here to judge the viability of new technologies.
> Digital has turned a lot of people who would have never done so into print
> makers. This increases the intensity of the photographic experience for them
> by tenfold.>>

        I have a local pro lab with whom I have worked closely for many years
to produce prints from whatever media I choose to shoot.  They do so for many
commercial professional photographers in the area and are equipped with
high-end Fuji printing and Imacon drum scanning...the particulars of which I am
blissfully unconcerned and expect to remain so.   I have an Epson 2200 which is
still in the box.  I have always passionately detested wet darkroom work and
find the so-called digital darkroom equally detestable.  To me photography is
all about being out capturing the image, and darkroom work of any nature
detracts from rather than intensifies my enjoyment of photography.

> I normally don't respond to nameless posts and eventually I filter them.>>

 Please feel free to filter them if you so desire, I will try my hardest to
get over the profound disappointment of knowing that you won't be reading them.

respectfully,

Jay