Subject: [Leica] if you're going to go digital ...
From: Leicajay at aol.com (Leicajay@aol.com)
Date: Sun Mar 28 14:01:30 2004

In a message dated 3/28/04 4:40:09 PM Eastern Standard Time,
henningw@archiphoto.com writes:

> Not with Lithium Ion. And in pretty much all of the cameras that can
> take AA's, using alkalines lets you take far fewer shots than NiMh.

Li-Ion's lose their charge when not in use even if not in the camera.  Says
so right in the instructions, and confirmed by my experience going back at
least four years with the Sony Digicam I use for dental photography.  True they're
not as fast discharging as antiquated memory-effect-ridden NiCads (like in
the R8 drive), maybe a bit better than NiMH but still not good-to-go at full
power like disposible lithiums or even fresh Alkalines.   Agreed that alkaline
AA's have far shorter life in digicams than Lithium AA's and in turn any
rechargeable, however as I said, for occasional short-term use a set of AA alkalines
are better than a dead Li-Ion that takes hours to charge up.   And  when wifey
goes to visit her sister and forgets the charger, the fact her digicam takes
AA's is a good thing.

Replies: Reply from henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff) ([Leica] if you're going to go digital ...)