Subject: [Leica] Kodak B&W 400 film
From: pklein at 2alpha.net (Peter Klein)
Date: Tue Mar 30 20:50:29 2004

I just received several rolls of Kodak "Black and White 400" C-41 film from
a local lab, in compensation for a recent Anomalous Processing
Experience.  They only had consumer film, so when I mentioned T400CN, they
offered Black and White 400 as being pretty much equivalent.  I vaguely
recall it being mentioned favorably here, so I accepted it.

Has anyone here used both Black and White 400 and either T400CN or Portra
400 B&W?  Is B&W 400 similar in  characteristics to the latter pro films,
or is it significantly different in some way?  At a glance, the pertinent
info on the Kodak data sheets looked pretty similar if not identical.

Yes, I know both the old pro films are now discontinued and replaced with
Yet Another Film, Professional BW400CN.  This week, anyway.

Thanks,
--Peter

Replies: Reply from dorysrus at mindspring.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] Kodak B&W 400 film)
Reply from jls at runbox.com (Jeffery Smith) ([Leica] Kodak B&W 400 film)