Subject: [Leica] What would you do if this happened to you?
From: ccyau at iohk.com (CC Yau)
Date: Fri Apr 2 23:57:55 2004

Six months ago, I travelled through US (London-NY-SF-Hong Kong) and it
was not a pleasant experience.  A lot of time wasted queuing, taking
off your shoes and coats and belts, taking out your laotop,
asking/arguing for hand checking of films.  I am not white and got
extra treatment.  Now with the extra photographing and fingerprinting,
I would avoid any US travel as much as possible.  I got a sponsor to
attend a major Oncology Conference in June in US but I refused, will
wait until end of year for a European meeting.  Last time when I was in
Europe, I bought a Leica clone (right on topic), a Kiev 4 and it was
very nice at US$50 with Jupiter-8.  I think it would be a much better
place to go.

CC Yau
Hong Kong