Subject: [Leica] Spring blooms are beginning to come up in Maryland
From: MZEISSLE at gannett.com (Zeissler, Mitch)
Date: Sat Apr 3 06:51:13 2004

Everyone hears a lot about the cherry blossoms in nearby DC, but not much about the other spring blooms that arrive in the surrounding area.  I just checked the C&O Canal close to my home on the way into work this morning (with my MP and Noct, to get back on topic) and found a bunch of springs blooms have arrived in the past five days: Virginia Bluebells (so new they're pink instead of purple), Dutchman's Breeches, May Apples, Trilliam, Violets and others.

Got some hurried shots, but will process them after our visit to the cherry blossoms in the tidal basin early tomorrow morning, before the dreaded tour-ons show up and make a mess of things.

/Mitch