Subject: [Leica] What would you do if this happened to you?
From: gwpics at aol.com (Gerry Walden)
Date: Sat Apr 3 23:34:04 2004

FRANK DERNIE wrote:

 > I certainly appreciate
 > safety considerations but I would like it to be
 > effective.

The last time I flew out of Washington International we were screened
thoroughly (and quite rightly) passing through into the main departure
area but I wanted to go back into the main hall (i.e. the other side of
the screening). I asked if this was possible and was told it was no
problem but not to bother to come back through the screening but to go
to the crew screening area and just tell them I had nipped out for
something. I did this and was waved through by a guy with a
Kalashnikov-style gun. He would never have known if I had nipped out for
a gun, bomb or anything else as I was waved around the metal detectors
etc.! Security is vital, checks to be seen to be doing the right thing
are pointless.

Gerry
--
Gerry Walden LRPS