Subject: [Leica] Grits, Vegemite and Digisix
From: daniel_ridings at yahoo.se (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Tue Apr 6 09:14:41 2004

> karen
>
> p.s. crossing cultural borders, I think nothing beats Vegemite on a
> well-toasted sesame bagel. Yum.

Karen,
This time in Zimbabwe I actually ate Vegemite instead of Marmite, it was
cheaper and locally made. It wasn't bad, but it just didn't have the same
kick to it :)

On another note: I know you use the Digisix too. I had a problem with
either heat or humidity a couple of weeks back. It was very hot (the meter
was reading 38 - 39 degrees) and humidity as close to the saturation point
as you can get without calling it rain and the meter started acting
funning. Outwardly it still worked; it gave me readings. But in reality it
was reading way off, over-exposing by at least 2, sometimes 3, stops.

Now I'm home and it works fine again. The technical papers say it should
work up to 60 degrees. I expect it was the humidity that got to it.

So anyway ... heads up if you end up in a very humid area.

Daniel

Message from mail at gpsy.com (Karen Nakamura) ([Leica] Grits)