Subject: [Leica] Peter widens his horizons
From: pklein at 2alpha.net (Peter Klein)
Date: Tue Apr 6 18:01:44 2004

I previously owned the 24mm Skopar.  I sold it because:

1.  I only used it in Europe, almost never in the U.S.  Wider streets?
2.  The old 24 finder had no brightlines and showed more than was on the
picture vertically.
3.  The lens not being RF coupled bugged me, for the reasons B.D.
mentioned.

None of this is meant to disparage the 24 Skopar itself.  It took nice
crisp pictures, including these:

http://www2.2alpha.com/~pklein/italy/bikedog.htm
http://www2.2alpha.com/~pklein/italy/bikedog.htm
http://www2.2alpha.com/~pklein/switzerland/curl_st.htm

Anyway, I promised myself that I would get a 21mm Skopar when a used one
became available on one of the lists I frequent, and one just did.  I want
to play with the wide perspective. .

Nathan has a 21/4, and used it in several of his recent Spain photos.

--Peter

B.D. sez:

Replies: Reply from n.wajsman at chello.nl (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Peter widens his horizons)