Subject: [Leica] film choice
From: daniel_ridings at yahoo.se (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Tue Apr 6 23:44:47 2004

You've got plenty of time to figure this one out for yourself.

The light is the same on both sides of the pond, so pick up twenty rolls
of one of these and go to town. By the time you get to the last roll,
you'll be fine-tuned for your trip.

That being said, I would skip the iso 100 films. They're just not general
enough.

It's very possible you will regret going with only b/w. Why not Fuji
Superia 400 (I mention that one, because you can pick it up anywhere,
easily, on your way). I don't see as much of Kodak Gold ... but you
wouldn't have to look very hard to find it on your trip either.

Like Lea, I've found that Ilford's Delta films developed according to
their recommendations in Ilford DD-X is a pretty consistent combination.

TX400 is a film you can hardly go wrong with. In fact, there's not a lousy
film on your list. But all of them work better if you get to know them
(before you need them).

Daniel