Subject: [Leica] Concorde afloat
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Wed Apr 7 14:51:00 2004

LUGers,

One of the last of British Airways' Concordes, G-BOAA, is being transferred from
Heathrow to Scotland to a museum. Unfortunately they got the tides wrong (or the
tides flowed higher than estimated) on the Thames so they can't get it under the
bridges....so for a few days (until 12th) it is stuck at Isleworth near Heathrow
on what is, by normal River Thames sizes, an enormous barge. [Yeah, I realise
that in the US of A kids paper boats are that size.....  ;-) ]

I went over to get a few pictures. Unfortunately the IIIf decided to uncouple
its film from the spool!!!!  But having my Digilux-1 with me I grabbed a few
digital shots.

A few are here (look in the folder G-BOAA)

http://www.leica-gallery.net/pd-leica/index.html

These are offered for general interest - particularly of those of you into
aircraft. I am off travelling so they haven't been subjected to days in PS and
are "as seen".

Hope you enjoy them.

Peter Dzwig