Subject: [Leica] a new one
From: philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent)
Date: Mon Apr 12 12:41:13 2004

I made the ashtray series. And I smoke.
And I know smoking kills. And you don't have to try to convince me to stop.
However, when I smoke, and if in presence of others, I always ask if it
bothers them. And if it does, I just don't smoke. Even if this implies not
smoking in my own home, having a non-smoking wife and kids with unspoiled
lungs. It's not because I have a habit that I have to confront others
-beloved ones or not- with it.
But going as far as banning it (and thus -logically- all other soft, hard,
medium, kinda, possible,... drugs) seems one bridge too far for me: I
strongly believe in encouraging people to take their own responsabilities.

Philippe A. Orlent
---