Subject: [Leica] PAM (photo a month)...for good reason
From: lea at whinydogpress.com (lea)
Date: Wed Apr 14 17:58:01 2004

Last April my little and only sister told me she and her husband were
expecting (their first) and I asked if I might chronicle her pregnancy
via photographs. She was delighted and we got down to business.

Two days after telling me, Shannon and Jason came to my studio and we
began photographing. I shot my sister every month up until 45 weeks then
I began photographing her every week until she delivered...she went 2
weeks over (poor dear). This work was done entirely with my Leica  in
black and white (except for December which they requested to have in
color so I used digital) in an assortment of places...the studio, the
baby's nursery, their home, outside...wherever the mood struck us to go.
Four of the sessions included Jason, the bulk of them did not. Some of
the work was nude, most was not. It is an amazing journal of her growth
and body change ending in the arrival of Rachel Diane.

To see a small sample of the images from this series click here...
http://www.whinydogpress.com/familyi.html
The first shot was taken 2 days after they found out she was pregnant
The second shot was taken at 48 weeks
The third shot was taken when Rachel was 5 days old.

I will put the entire series up in the next week or so.

To see a few more shots of Rachel Diane, click here:
http://www.whinydogpress.com/baby22.html
http://www.whinydogpress.com/baby23.html
http://www.whinydogpress.com/baby24.html
http://www.whinydogpress.com/baby25.html
http://www.whinydogpress.com/baby26.html

Many of you will recall that I did a photo-a-day series of my daughter
Lauren the first year of her life and then again when she was a senior
in high school. Well, as luck would have it, I've had the blessed
forturne of seeing Rachel every day except one since she's been born
AND, I've photographed her every day that I've seen her. Most of these
images are being shot digital but every now and again I throw in a Leica
shot.

Enjoying life as Auntie Lea....

Lea Murphy
Whiny Dog Press www.whinydogpress.com

Replies: Reply from aaron.sandler at duke.edu (Aaron Sandler) ([Leica] PAM (photo a month)...for good reason)
Reply from ericm at pobox.com (Eric) ([Leica] Re: PAM (photo a month)...for good reason)
Reply from Jim at hemenway.com (Jim Hemenway) ([Leica] PAM (photo a month)...for good reason)
Reply from kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] PAM (photo a month)...for good reason)
Reply from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] PAM (photo a month)...for good reason)