Subject: [Leica] Tea in England
From: frank.dernie at btinternet.com (FRANK DERNIE)
Date: Thu Apr 15 08:22:56 2004

Thanks very much for the link Greg. It is a very
interesting site and their dissertation on herbal
infusions reminds me of an experience I had visiting
San Francisco. I was thirsty, fed up with coffee etc
and, to my delight came across a tea house. I went in
sat down and studied the menu. Unable to find the tea
I fancied I asked the waitress for guidance only to
find there was no tea on the menu,just herbal
infusions. She did not see the irony.
The problem I have is not buying good quality tea to
brew at home, I have good sources for that, but
finding a drinkable cup of tea served in a restaurant.
Most places make tea with tea bags using water which
is not hot enough - it needs to be boiling whilst
poured on the leaves.
cheers
Frank