Subject: [Leica] Have you ever wondered? - Not Leica
From: durling at cox.net (Mike Durling)
Date: Fri Apr 16 18:52:19 2004

Back in the '70s when I was working in TV news sometimes the bleach in
the processor got exhausted and we got bleach stains like those in your
pictures.  The silver did not get completely removed from the film.
There was a simple solution.  Process the film again!  It came out fine.

This was with the VNF process, which was a variation on E4.  We were
also using a continuous feed processor for 16mm film.  The bleach
stained the plastic vat where it was stored so we didn't always know if
the replenisher solution ran out.

Mike D

Replies: Reply from Jim at hemenway.com (Jim Hemenway) ([Leica] Have you ever wondered? - Not Leica)