Subject: [Leica] Starbucks
From: dcm at pobox.com (David Mason)
Date: Sat Apr 17 10:12:06 2004

Joseph Codispoti wrote:
> I spell it not with a "B", but with an "F".

Actually, despite the number of starbucks that show up, I don't find
them offensive at all. The great thing about them is that they treat
their employees the way companies like Microsoft SHOULD. Even part
timers get good benefits there - great for struggling artists... like
say, photographers. The other thing is that it turns out that when a
coffee shop moves into an area with another coffee shop the first one
actually *increases* business. It has to do with signifying a cultural
area designed around a drug addiction - or some such.

Dave

Replies: Reply from daniel_ridings at yahoo.se (Daniel Ridings) ([Leica] Starbucks)