Subject: [Leica] re Doug Sharp's lens hood
From: Thinkofcole at aol.com (Thinkofcole@aol.com)
Date: Sat Apr 17 17:09:45 2004

    If you believe you can improve on the knife blades inside the lens hood,
you might try. But I have destroyed expensive stuff by attempting to improve
on it.
    On the lens -- if I understand you correctly, I definitely would not
attempt to put anything like resin in the ridge or anywhere on the lens that you
can't remove, with say, nail-polish remover [acetone].
   Someone suggested that you try plastic electricians tape inside the hood.
I think that might be quicker than putting felt inside. The most you can lose
if you tamper with the hood is the hood, worth about $50. That's as far as I
personally would go.-- regards, bob cole

Replies: Reply from Jim at hemenway.com (Jim Hemenway) ([Leica] re Doug Sharp's lens hood)