Subject: [Leica] Re: Sand Hill Cranes and another non-Doug
From: rpalmier at depaul.edu (Robert Palmieri)
Date: Sun Apr 18 15:01:14 2004

Don & Doug-

The pano-crop is definitely a cool idea in this case.  Despite the fact
that a highly detailed closeup of one bird is a great accomplishment, as
any who've tried know too well, there are many other photos containing
birds in other forms that can be pretty damn cool (although mine
aren't). A bit of experimentation with saturation & re-curving might
yield some improvement.  By the way, the cover of the magazine Chicago
Wilderness Spring 2004 has a teriffic example of a single sand hill
crane in profile.  I may hafta scan it and post, it's so definitive.

Having said that, I'm on my 4th roll shooting some birds with the 400
Telyt and shoulder stock. Chicago is a great migratory stopover and my
wife has been getting me up at 5:30 am to go birding with her. First
unedited views can be seen at

www.pbase.com/bobsworld/critters.

Bob Palmieri

Replies: Reply from dorysrus at mindspring.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] Re: Sand Hill Cranes and another non-Doug)