Subject: [Leica] Re: starbucks
From: SonC at aol.com (SonC@aol.com)
Date: Sun Apr 18 15:21:09 2004

Yes, in response to a recent series in the Alexandria Louisiana paper, the
HR guy at a local plywood plant sent a letter to the editor saying they had
been  trying to fill thirty openings for several months and were getting barely
any  local applications.
Sonny
--------------------
In a message dated 4/18/2004 5:14:09 PM Central Daylight Time,
msmall@infionline.net writes:

At 04:00  PM 4/18/04 -0500, Matthew Powell wrote:
>In the Bush-era economy,  "find[ing] another job" is easier said than
>done.

I do not  know about your area but, nationally, there is a huge vacuum  for
jobs.  Here in Roanoke, Virignia, the local (and VERY left-wing)  newspaper
has recently started giving away the jobs section of the  classified ads, so
great are the gaps in employment.  The economy is  booming and jobs are
everywhere.

And, in the end, if you are working  for a company which you absolutely
hate, then quit and take a job flipping  hamburgers at MacDonald's.  It has
been years since I have been in a  fast-food joint without a "Help Wanted"
sign on the wall.

Say what  you will, but there are jobs a-wash in the US at the present  time.

Marc

msmall@infionline.net  FAX:   +540/343-7315
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s  fir!