Subject: [Leica] starbucks proves that America works?
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Sun Apr 18 23:02:06 2004

Hi Michael,
I agree with your sentiments. I travel all the time and it is a delight
to sample local cuisine - when I can. The probable reason why hotels do
not have traditional english beer is the difficulty in keeping it fresh
and the very short shelf life. If they do not have a big turnover there
will be a lot of wastage and a standard "aged in plastic vats for 20
minutes" type beer is more appropriate. there are several pubs in our
town but only one in which the publican knows how to keep beer properly
and where one is guaranteed a good pint.
cheers
Frank