Subject: [Leica] OT: His Master's Voice
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Tue Apr 20 03:05:03 2004

RCA? I used to work for THORN EMI, who as EMI** owned the famous HMV ("His
Master's Voice") label and the logo and the dog - well, after a fashion - who
was called "Nipper" and who survived till quite a ripe old age. I have a feeling
Nipper was buried somewhere in Kingston-upon-Thames, perhaps someone from the
area can conform or deny that.

Did RCA distribute HMV in the US?

Peter Dzwig

** OK I just dug out an old 78 to check (Artie Shaw, "St. James Infirmary Blues-
Part 2" 1943, Hot Lips Page on Trumpet) where it says the manufacturer was The
Gramophone Company of Hayes, England; who were another company that EMI acquired.