Subject: [Leica] OT: His Master's Voice
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Tue Apr 20 11:02:24 2004

So I was  right about K-u-T...I had this memory that associated his burial place
with an area which I recall as a bank building and a car park.

Thanks...as we were all saying there is always someone in LUG who knows the answer

Peter

PS But Did RCA distribute HMV in the US or did they use the picture, but not the
trademark, under licence.

Douglas M. Sharp wrote:

> Nippers history
>
> http://www2.danbbs.dk/~erikoest/nipper.htm
>
> Douglas
>
> Peter Dzwig schrieb:
>
>> RCA? I used to work for THORN EMI, who as EMI** owned the famous HMV ("His
Master's Voice") label and the logo and the dog - well, after a fashion - who
was called "Nipper" and who survived till quite a ripe old age. I have a feeling
Nipper was buried somewhere in Kingston-upon-Thames, perhaps someone from the
area can conform or deny that.

>> Did RCA distribute HMV in the US?
>>
>> Peter Dzwig
>>
>> ** OK I just dug out an old 78 to check (Artie Shaw, "St. James Infirmary
Blues- Part 2" 1943, Hot Lips Page on Trumpet) where it says the manufacturer
was The Gramophone Company of Hayes, England; who were another company that EMI
acquired.