Subject: [Leica] the Rose on/off switch
From: mail at gpsy.com (Karen Nakamura)
Date: Wed Apr 21 14:46:41 2004

>The reason this annoys me on my M6TTL is that turning the shutter
>speed to "Off" is one extra thing to have to do rather than just
>jamming the camera in my bag/pocket/whatever.  Sure, it's not _that_
>big a deal, but ideally I would prefer a combination on/off AND
>shutter lock like the one on the Nikon FM2 where you pull the
>advance lever out slightly to turn the camera on.  I find that I do
>this anyway out of habit, so it'd be perfect for me.

The problem is that this really annoys left-eyed shooters. And for
some reason, Leica seems to attract more of its fairshare of
left-eyed shooters.

With a RapidWinder, the M series is perfect for the left-eyed.

Karen

p.s. I'm right-eyed, but I have to say, I do not like the
pull-advance-lever-to-turn-on with my Leica CL. I always forget to do
it and wonder why the meter isn't responding, or my forehead pushes
it back in and the meter turns off.

--
Karen Nakamura