Subject: [Leica] outdoor portraiture - flashmeter question again.
From: dorysrus at mindspring.com (Don Dory)
Date: Sun Apr 25 17:39:18 2004

Eric,
If you opt for the SF20 you know that you can get whatever fill you like
by setting ASA's up or down to give more flash or less: lower ASA gives
more flash and higher gives less.  Compensate ambient with the
appropriate exposure compensation to balance the incorrect ISO.

As to flash meters, Novatron made a very inexpensive flash meter ($80)
that was good to 1/2 stop.  I would also check used as professional
meters hold up very well over time and mine were in the $125-150 range
used.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com