Subject: [Leica] Victoria LHSA Spring Shoot Report
From: gregj.lorenzo at shaw.ca (GREG LORENZO)
Date: Wed Apr 28 21:18:57 2004

I just got back to Calgary from attending the LHSA Spring Shoot in Victoria, BC on the weekend. This was my first ever LHSA Spring Shoot and it was, according to absolutely everyone I spoke too, the best LHSA Spring Shoot ever!

David and Rose Young did a masterful job of arranging for 1st class accommodation and food at the Empress Hotel and they couldn't have selected a better guest speaker for the Saturday night banquet! That speaker was the Lug's own Ted Grant! Ted presented, via slide projector, a number of Sandy Carter's and his b&w photos from their "Women in Medicine" series which will be featured in his upcoming book. I believe Ted said that the new book should on the shelves later this summer. I plan to purchase one of the first copies and I hope that Ted will be once again offering them directly by mail.

Ted also gave an excellent walking tour of Victoria's inner harbor on Saturday morning, giving participants' some history and highlights in addition to great advice on composition. I also received an original signed and Ted Grant photo of myself on the tour as did many others. Thanks again Ted!! There was also a garden tour on Saturday afternoon but I didn?t have the time to make it.

I got to meet a number of the LUG attendees for the first time including: John Collier, Jerry Lehrer, Alex Hurst, John Gong. I'm now looking forward to attending next year's Spring Shoot!!

Regards,

Greg