Subject: [Leica] Coolscan 5000 out of the box
From: mlpowell at sbcglobal.net (Matthew Powell)
Date: Thu Apr 29 12:26:35 2004

On Apr 29, 2004, at 1:28 PM, Jeffery Smith wrote:
> Ah, the 4870 is a flat bed scanner. I'm trying to find a film scanner
> for 35
> pano and medium format. There is one that is relatively recent
> (below). It
> appears to be on sale at B&H (the Microtek ArtixScan 120tf, 4000 dpi,
> 35mm/Medium Format, Film Scanner) but I don't want to even think about
> it
> unless someone who has used one can give me some feedback.

I think that's the upgraded version of Polaroid's older MF scanner.

Have you looked at one of the new old-stock Nikon 8000 scanners? I've
seen them for several hundred less than B&H's price on the Microtek.

Replies: Reply from ahgraves at prodigy.net (Allen Graves) ([Leica] Coolscan 5000 out of the box)