Subject: [Leica] Coolscan 5000 out of the box
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu Apr 29 13:08:23 2004

On 4/29/04 7:57 AM, "Slobodan Dimitrov" <s.dimitrov@charter.net> wrote:

> I checked the specs on the Coolscan V alongside the 5000. Is their
> difference in dmax, at 4.2 and 4.8 respectively, that noticeable? The scan
> time of the V, since I'm not a production house, isn't a draw back for me,
> but the almost $500 difference is.
> Any thoughts???
> S. Dimitrov

The specs seem close for a 600 buck scanner against a 1200 buck scanner but
the 5000 is about twice as fast.
More importantly for me it will scan a roll of uncut film at a time with an
adaptor which is not cheap at 500 bucks but for me on the long run, worth
it.
... As it turns my M's into digital cameras. Or any other 35mm film camera I
might come upon.
I can have my c 41 run down the street in 20 minutes uncut for a couple of
bucks each. As far as I go that?s darn close to "instant".

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon

New-improved