Subject: [Leica] auto iso on digital
From: philippe.orlent at ldv.be (Philippe Orlent)
Date: Fri Apr 30 03:10:24 2004

The D2 has no auto function: only 100, 200 and 400, but I don't miss it.

My former digicams (Sony DCS-S75 and Olympus C-5050 Zoom) had an auto
setting, but I never used it, because it tended to choose the sensitive
range and produced plain ugly noise. It was one of the reasons I got rid of
it (+ disgusting chromatic abberation).

I'm pretty happy with the D2, both handling and image quality wise. Ofcourse
the lens doesn't compare with Leica's analog ones, but if I want to shoot
analog, I have plenty of toys lying around. No Leica's though :(
But a Graflex Speed Graphic 4x5, a Contax 35T, a Rollei 35 SE and a
Voightlander Bessa L with 15 mm asph aren't bad either IMO.

Maybe a Leica M will be the next step :)

Replies: Reply from frank.dernie at btinternet.com (FRANK DERNIE) ([Leica] auto iso on digital)