Subject: [Leica] Re: XTOL
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri Apr 30 13:59:46 2004

On 4/30/04 12:42 AM, "Jesse Hellman" <hellman@comcast.net> wrote:

> Mark,
>
> These are the bottles I had found: Cole-Porter Nalgene bottles.
> Expensive! Rather elegant looking. And yes, at the price one might think
> they would contain a good French vintage.
>
> http://www.coleparmer.com/catalog/product_view.asp?pfx=U&sku=0602650&cat=1&sel
> =0602650
>
> I use Ilford Multigrade developer, which comes in small plastic
> containers. Could I use those instead? Ilford thinks they protect their
> developer, so would they not be sufficiently impermeable to air?
>
> Could we use empty wine bottles? "Xtol: the Chateau Latour of developers"
>
> Jesse

Here is one of Cole Porters other products:

You're the top! you're the Coliseum,
You're the top! you're the Louvre Museum,
You're the melody from a symphony by Strauss,
You're a Bendel bonnet,
A Shakespeare Sonnet,
You're Mickey Mouse!

You're the Nile! You're the Tow'r of Pisa,
You're the smile, on the Mona Lisa!
I'm a worthless check, a total wreck, a flop!
But if baby I'm the bottom,
You're the top!

You're the top, you're Mahatma Gandhi,
You're the top! you're Napoleon brandy,
You're the purple light, of a summer night in Spain,
You're the National Gallery, you're Garbo's salary,
You're cellophane!

You're sublime, you're a turkey dinner,
You're the time, of the Derby Winner,
I'm a toy balloon that's fated soon to pop;
But if baby I'm by the bottom you're the top!

You're the top, you're a Waldorf salad
You're the top, you're a Berlin ballad
You're the nimble tread of the feet of Fred Astaire
You're an O'Neill drama, you're Whistler's mama, you're camembert

You're a rose, you're inferno's Dante
You're the nose, on the great Durante
I'm a masy Leroux who's just about to stop
But if baby I'm the bottom,
You're the top!

Mark Rabiner
Photography