Subject: [Leica] "Normal" lenses
From: dorysrus at mindspring.com (Don Dory)
Date: Sun May 2 18:55:45 2004

Ruben,
The 35 Summicron has a curvature of field problem (instead of focusing
on a plane, the lens focuses in a curved field).  Shooting people, this
actually helps as it tends to isolate the subject.  In landscape work,
the flatter field is better.

Usually, by stopping down to F8-11 even a severly afflicted lens has
enough DOF to render field curvature problems moot.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com