Subject: [Leica] Leica CL or Konica Hexar AF?
From: PetersonAG at NAVSEA.NAVY.MIL (Peterson Arthur G NSSC)
Date: Mon May 3 06:47:02 2004

I'll second Karen's recommendation and perhaps even raise the ante.  In many
ways the CL is my favorite Leica---small, light, convenient, quick and easy
to use and about as unobtrusive as it gets, shutter speeds in the
viewfinder, narrow central spot meter.  Its 40mm Summicron is tiny and a
very nice walking-around compromise between a "normal" 50mm and a 35mm.  And
if you add a 90mm for some reach---either the CL's own Elmar-C or, what is
my favorite, the little Tele-Elmarit---you've got most situations covered.
All in all, the CL is a very elegant design, really a little gem!  The thing
that I most dislike about the CL is that Leica doesn't produce it anymore
(and hasn't for about thirty years), which causes me to be overprotective of
the one I have.

Hope that helps,

Art Peterson
Alexandria, Virginia