Subject: [Leica] Photar 25mm
From: msmall at infionline.net (Marc James Small)
Date: Wed May 5 18:56:39 2004

At 08:06 PM 5/5/04 -0400, Max Weisenfeld wrote:
>Any advice on using this lens?  When mounted on a bellows and Viso, the
>f-stops do not seem to relate to any meter I have ever found.

Max

These are not f/stops but, rather, are Stolze stops.  See the 15th edition
of the LEICA MANUAL for discussion.  Stolze stops are normal on most macro
lenses, be they Leitz/Leica Photars or Zeiss Luminars or Carl Zeiss Jena
Mikrotars.

Marc

msmall@infionline.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!