Subject: [Leica] Leica: the must have camera
From: feli at creocollective.com (Feli di Giorgio)
Date: Thu May 6 11:31:30 2004

On Thu, 2004-05-06 at 09:41, Kit McChesney wrote:
> Greg--
>
> That's true, he is. I think, too, he is also an R9 user. I seem to remember
> seeing his hands on an ad for the R9.
>
> It's really not a bad camera, you know! ;-)
>
> Kit (kitmc@acmefoto.com)

Last week there was a Leica rep at my local store and I had a chance to fondle
the R9. I was very suprised when I peered through the viewfinder. Dare I say
it was even brighter than my SL with it's re-silvered prism block?

I'm a big fan of the ergonomics of the R8/9 and I actually like the way it looks.
The reasons why I don't own one are because it is even bigger than the SL
(but it does seem lighter), I prefer mechanical cameras and I know that the SL
can probably be dropped off a cliff and will still work.

Feli

Replies: Reply from ruben at rhodos.dk (Ruben) ([Leica] Leica: the must have camera)